I just received an email from the Eagle Bluffs staff.  They have opened
access to an additional road allowing birders direct vehicle access to what
we call the "blind for the disabled".  (I will paste the text below.)  Last
year this had good shorebird habitat (our only Avocet was in this area); and
from mid-afternoon on, it has good lighting with the sun at your back.

If you run into MDC staff at EBCA, please be sure to express your
appreciation to them.  We are working hard to increase their awareness of
birders, and they are being responsive!
Jean Leonatti

Text of message from Tim James:
Jim and I opened the road to the disabled blind so birders can have
vehicle access to it. There isn't much parking area around it but it
should be fine. It is a good spot in the afternoon and evenings with the
sun at your back. The colors on the birds stand out nicely. Tim