Hoping to see a Lecontes's Sparrow or any Rail
species, Chris Brown and I went to Little Creve Coeur
Lake in St. Louis County.  Target birds were not seen,
however, we did observe:

(1) BARN SWALLOW  Above Red Barn at back of driving
range
(1) VESPER SPARROW was seen along trail at the edge of
corn field (where Prairie Falcon was)
(1) Field Sparrow was seen singing in this same area
oppostie cornfield

Some Shorebirds seen ....appeared to be Pectorals and
Yellowlegs in flight through my binoculars, but
definitely could have been other birds.  When standing
at the cornfield and looking down into the marsh, open
water can be seen.  The birds were flying and landing
around this area......Time is limited when you need to
get to work, so I never did get my scope out.

=====
Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

http://tax.yahoo.com