Hi all.

Did a little birding Sunday (30 March) at Washington State Park in
Washington Co..  There we picked up Louisiana waterthrush, about 4 brown
creepers, and a flock of 15+ Yellow-rumped Warblers in a feeding frenzy.

The next day (31 March). Lynda got her first black & white warbler of the
year while working on the Mark Twain National Forest (Potosi District)...we
unfortunately, don't get out much.

Then yesterday (1 April) here at the house, we heard blue-gray gnatcatcher
in the woods and witnessed the return of Bewick's Wren.  The male
immediately scoped out a nestbox and started flaunting his wares to an
accompanying female.  Let's say he wasted no time.  I've been watching them
more this morning, and he is really trying to convince her to move in.  We
haven't lived at this house for a spring yet, so seeing who the local
residents are is a treat.

Do Bewick's Wrens often return to the same sight?  We are originally from
an area where Bewick's are much rarer (Eastern KY).

Thanks.
Tom and Lynda Mills
Hillsboro, Jefferson Co. MO