According to a "mainstream" French journalist, 33% of the French people hoped the US wouldn't be successful.  You may be interested, Nancy, that this 33% consists of people who are very right winged (blatant nazis) and people who are very left winged (people who love the Arab way of life with their veiled women and ignorant children and rich oil tyrants).  That a torture room was found headed by Saddam's oldest son in his PALACE and extensive tunnels running everywhere under Saddam's palaces and chemical factories mean nothing to these extremely ignorant people.

The American people are never going to forgive the French. Fine.  You leave us our lady in the harbor and we leave you the remains of our thousands of young men on the beaches of Normandy trying to save your sorry asses.