In a message dated 4/22/03 8:24:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> And even if you
> are student, staff, or faculty at the University of Texas you assume
> daily that no one will begin firing at random victims with a
> high-powered rifle from the top of some building. (I believe they made
> access to the bell tower difficult, but there are other vantage points I
> do not doubt.) And of course, every so often such fundamental
> assumptions (fundamental to getting through the day without driving
> oneself insane) prove false, as at 9/11 in a most dramatic instance.

I have a friend who was born and lived in Dallas, Texas through her teens.
Presently, she's an unemployed stewardess person enjoying the tropical life
of Florida.  She opted to be grounded and so took the package they offered
her.  She spends an hour each morning sipping her coffee and gazing at the
palm trees and her tropicalia garden, but at the age of four months, she was
brought by her Dad and Mom to an exciting event in November of 1963.  She
told me how her Dad told her how he held her high and proudly in the air, not
to see the man with the rifle in the tall building but to be seen by the man
and woman in the convertible. She's probably the youngest person alive who
last saw JFK alive.  Someday, she may be the last person alive to have seen
JFK alive.  Brenda Faye is special that way.