dorothy peters wrote:

> So. What reasons, practical and/or allusional, for the smoke
> and fog being yellow?

I nearly posted very early this morning that I saw a yellow fog
out my window.  The streetlamp gave it that glow.  It was gray
elsewhere (not brown.)

Personally I think the fog lines were much more descriptive than
symbolic but TSE had his own symbolism and so looking at whether
the yellow fog/smoke was one is a worthy goal.  Lots of symbolism
in rocks too.  Maybe Jacek will explain.

Note: As memory serves me "Choruses from the Rock" does not mention
rocks.  Stones, yes; rocks, no.  There is a difference.

Regards,
    Rick Parker