Mayne Russell wrote:

> >"In a message dated 4/6/2003 11:08:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> >[log in to unmask] writes:
>
> >Most of them are imported from Thailand.  You don't see them because
> they're >generally kept hidden.
>
> >Are you serious?"
>
> He's deadly serious, haven't you seen the ads?  come to Israel, a swimming
> pool and thai bar-girl for everyone.  It's part of the  occupation
> strategy.

Source (and destination) varies. [Hi Nancy, does a parenthesis change
the number of the submect?) The most usual form of enslavement is
confiscate the woman's passport on arrival. She usually can't speak the
language of the nation she finds herself in, and can easily be terrified
of the law. Other sources than Thailand are Kosovo, Bulgaria, former
Soviet Republics. I have a fairly complete account of it around
someplace but can't remember which journal (or which e-mail post) its
in.

Carrol