Nancy Gish wrote:

> But of course, in 1776, there was a military event of major hostility in
> which "Americans" engaged in guerilla warfare and did not fight fair.

I believe however that Washington's policy was to fight in the standard
European way.  Much of the guerilla action occurred in the south far
from the areas where Washington operated.

Even at Lexington and Concord standard battles took place.  About one
half of American deaths that day were from bayonet wounds (which should
make Americans reconsider the stories of how effective sniping from the
woods was.)

Regards,
    Rick Parker