Date sent:              Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:12:24 EDT
From:                   [log in to unmask]
Subject:                Re: Medieval Thinking
To:                     [log in to unmask]

As Peter has agreed with me, I won't delve too deeply except to say that
1) I will not resort to quoting people I studied with and 2) I can say
"Most Medieval Thinkers" because if you ask someone who has cursory
knowledge of Medieval thought or literature then they will mention people
who thought Iike Boethius and Dante.  Do you know why?  Because their
literature survived in great quantities.  Did this literature survive
because it was contradictory to the zeitgeist of the Dark Ages?  I doubt
it.

Michael