Peter,
  Sorry I missed this.  The quoted material is from the book T S Eliot The
Metaphysical Perspective by Eric Thompson, his thoughtful reading, not
mine. The "you," I think, is the reader, as in Portrait of a Lady. I
thought George Carless's suggestion to discuss hair in the poem a good one.
Any hair on M-angelo's creations? Why does the hair on the women's arm
shake Prufrock up? My notion is that it shakes him up much the same as the
petals on a wet, black bough surprised Pound, except that Prufrock doesn't
want to or cannot admit his vision and so "falls back with the arthropods."

  Ken