From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 9:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Prufrock's "smoke"

Charlie Brown is called "Charlie Brown" and "Chuck" and "that little
roundheaded kid."  He is never called "Chuckie."  Is this an example of a
secret code in reading the strip?

And then, of course, his perceptions are also not represented in the strip
as very nuanced.

Or, to be serious, Steve and D.Peters and Raphael have done what others
have not and everyone claims to want--started a discussion of Eliot.  Why
are these and Jacek's quite gratuitously sneering comments the result?
Why not suggest what you think a serious reading?  Say, Linus's?
Nancy