From: INGELBIEN RAPHAEL [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Signalling their 'availability'? This seems to be some sort of seedy
neighbourhood ('narrow streets'), but is it a cruising area? Cruising from a
window doesn't seem very practical - or is it?
======================================
What a discussion.
When I see a poem read as if it were some sort of
secret code for which one has to develop a decryption
key, or better yet a lock into which one is trying to
jam a predetermined decryption key, I think of a strip
of the Charlie Brown cartoon, in which Chuckie and his
friends are lying on their backs staring up at the
clouds, and describing the shapes they can find therein.
Chuckie's friends find all kinds of sophisticated
objects like 3 masted ships, and gorillas standing on their
heads, &c. Chuckie says something like "Good grief! And
all I saw was two rabbits and a duckie."

Cheers,
Peter.

Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
Dept. of English