Birding with Ida Domazlicky 3-30-3 at La Rue/Pine Hills NA (The famous snake
road)
Ida helped me with most of these ID's, I'm an apprentice to her and Doug
Willis.

Highlight was 45-50 white pelicans riding thermal looking for place to land.
Species sited:
northern water thrush (got a good look but didn't hear song)
swallows (too far away, could be bank or tree)
black vulture 1
turkey vulture 6
Kinglets ?
blue wing teal 6
ring neck duck 2
belted king fisher
coopers or sharp-shinned?(are they still around?)
unidentified grebe
redtail couple riding thermal and engaging in flight
possible osprey
large dead yellow timber rattlesnake, nearly 4 feet long, very yellow color
(morph?).  No Riga mortise(sp?)so not dead long.  Rattle missing.
Ida has pictures, I'll send them to anyone interested.

Mr. Shannon Henson
Farmington
St. Francois County

"My computer tells me that in twenty-five years there will be no more
computers."
-Ed Abbey