MoBirds,

Ellen and I birded with Jim and Julie Lundsted on Saturday, 3/22 at Arrow Rock State Park and Eagle Bluffs.  What a gorgeous day to be out with good friends and good birding.

Highlights from Saturday's trip are as follows:

Sharp-shinned Hawk - ARSP
Swainson's Thrush - ARSP
Pileated Woodpecker - ARSP
Hairy Woodpecker - ARSP
Eastern Phoebe - ARSP
Green-winged Teal - EB
Blue-winged Teal - EB
(lots) Northern Shoveler - EB
Eagle on nest - EB
Brewer's Blackbird - EB

On Sunday, we birded Horseshoe Lake ("HSL") in St. Joseph and Squaw Creek NWR.  Highlights of that trip are as follows:

Kingfisher - SCNWR
American Golden-plover - HSL  & SCNWR
Lesser Yellowleg - HSL & SCNWR
Pectoral Sandpiper - HSL & SCNWR
Baird's Sandpiper - SCNWR
Wilson's Snipe - 15 - SCNWR
Eagle on nest - SCNWR
duck species, notably Northern Shovelers, Blue-winged Teals, Green-winged Teals and Gadwalls - SCNWR
Fox Sparrow - SCNWR
Field Sparrow - SCNWR

All in all, it was a good weekend with great weather.  It was nice just to be outdoors.

Good birding,

Jim and Ellen Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO