This morning Jim Malone and I ventured to Daniel Boone
CA in Warren County......
At least 1 RUFFED GROUSE was heard drumming 6-7 times
.......what a cool sound!!  Thank You Susan
Hazelwood!!  As you come into Daniel Boone CA from the
south you will see a sign on the left welcoming
you...just past that is a 2-track on the left.  About
a 1/4 of a mile down the 2-track on the right side is
where the bird was being heard.  Also observed 2 PINE
WARBLERS in one of the stands of pines along the main
road that goes through Daniel Boone CA.
Jim had to lead a fieldtrip and I headed to Busch....
At Busch CA....numerous singing FIELD SPARROWS and
EASTERN TOWHEE'S.  Also heard a FISH CROW numerous
times but never did see the bird.  Joe Eades told me
he observed 2 LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH along the Lost
Valley Trail
From there I headed to Clarence Cannon NWR......Lots
of waterfowl, observed NO Sandhill Crane....Looked and
Looked.
At Winfield L&D observed ~100-150 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS on
left side of highway before you make a left into the
dam area..........The very large wet area in the
agricultural field is where blackbirds were.

You can do a lot when you get up at 3:30 in the
morning!!

=====
Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO