Today I spent 2 hours looking through 100,000 Snow Geese at Squaw Creek NWR for neck collars, Ross's Geese,  and hoping for something different.
There were:
28 Bald Eagles
2 N Harriers
Rough-legged Hawks
Red-tailed Hawks
Wild Turkey
White-fronted Geese
Canada Geese
Ross's Geese
Snow Geese

14 species of ducks:
Bufflehead
Lesser Scaup
Ring-necked Duck
Redhead
Canvasback
N Shoveler
N Pintail
Am Wigeon
Hooded Merganser
Wood Duck
Common Merganser
Mallard
Green-winged Teal
Common Goldeneye
There may have been 2 Black Ducks, but frankly, I was blinded by the light after 2 hours of looking at white geese, snow and ice.  Occasionally I would see a Ross's Goose, but the geese were packed so closely together, it was difficult to find many.  I took a break from scoping and looked down beside me where four geese were picking at the grasses.  One was Ross's!.  The others were Snow Geese.  The longer I stayed there, the closer the geese approached.  I took a digital picture of the Ross's beside a Snow Goose.  If you are interested in seeing it, let me know.
There was a very tame Ross's at the refuge last winter, too.
The hunters visiting the refuge were really amazed at seeing the geese walk up on the road without fear.   A few hunters from Ohio spent almost as much time watching the ducks, eagles and geese as I did.
Thank God for a warmer sunny day!
Tommie Rogers
Mound City, MO