While making "my rounds" south of Saint Joseph I observed the following.

    Canada Goose - 2000
    Northern Pintail - 3
    Mallard - 25
    Gadwall - 3
    Common Goldeneye - 1
    Ring-necked Duck - 1
    Snow Goose - 2000
    American Tree Sparrow - 40
    Song Sparrow - 5
    Swamp Sparrow - 2
    Harris's Sparrow - 1
    Savannah Sparrow - 1
    Bald Eagle - 3
    Northern Harrier - 1

    In a electric fence enclosed,harvested corn field where cattle are being kept south of Mud Lake, I spent about 1/2 hour watching the various birds which were feeding.  The bulk of the birds were Red-winged Blackbird (@200).  Scattered among them were Horned Larks, American Tree Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Northern Cardinals and two Lapland Longspurs.  Near Mud Lake was one Loggerhead Shrike.  I also had a fly over of @400 Greater White-fronted Geese.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Buchanan County