I thought mine was the only weird head of hair that titmice were attracted
to.  About 4 years ago, while sitting on the deck at our lake house near
Owensville in early May, a titmouse landed on my head and proceeded to pull
on my hair, for several minutes.  2 years later, while working in my yard in
St. Louis, a titmouse was eye-ing me from the border and I thought "Uh oh!
He's baaaack!" so I obediently stood still and yes, this one landed on my
head and must have pulled out enough hairs for a nice nest lining.  Isn't it
amazing what we'll do for our feathered friends?
p.s.  I have also observed a chickadee pulling dog hair from a door mat,
repeatedly