From: "Wolf Oesterreich" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "IA-BIRD" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 10:17 AM
Subject: [ia-bird] Snowy Owl in Hamilton County

Just heard of a Snowy Owl that was seen on Sunday by a coworker in Hamilton
County.  They were testing a crow distress call tape/machine, left it
running for 20 minutes, and when they came out of the house found an
apparent adult Snowy Owl (only a few spots) perched in a nearby tree.  He
stated that he has seen one in this area almost every winter.

The location: about .5-mile east of US-69, .5-mile south of D41 (near the
middle of Section 34, T88N, R24W)
The farmstead is almost in the center of this section, with the access road
from the south.  D41 comes east out of Kamrar, turns north with US-69 for a
mile, before continuing east.  Instead of turning north, continue east on
the farm road for about .5-mile.

Wolf
Ames

---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union.
Membership available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: [log in to unmask]