We have a single mockingbird (probably male) that has dominated our back
yard for two months now.  He has developed a fondness for black-oil
sunflowers even though he can't crack them (eats them whole).  He won't
let anything else feed there: won't let anything else into the yard.

    The good news: he keeps the Starlings out completely.

George Barker
St. Louis County, MO