In a message dated 3/21/03 5:19:39 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

Hitler was slaughtering Jews and rounding them up all over
Europe. There were no weapons inspectors in Germany, and Hitler was
not destroying his missiles (or the equivalent).  And Japan attacked us
before we entered the war.  To our shame, we turned away boats of Jews
seeking refuge.

I believe that sweet Saddam has more than once stated his hatred of jews in general and Israel in particular and has threatened Israel with attack by chemical weapons.  There was, unfortuntely, a couple of incidents during or before World War II where we turned away Jewish refugees.  However, I feel that America has more than made up for this "shame."  It was our government who pressured the Soviet government to let their Jewish citizens go and we then accepted all Russian Jews who wanted to come here.  We have supported and befriended the country of Israel to the point where the country of Israel is a major power in the world.  Finally, the largest population of persons of Jewish descent do not live in Israel.  They live in America.  In view of all of this, I don't believe there are many persons who would fault America's treatment of persons of Jewish descent, at least not in the way which you mean.