Peter, this is just not the way most Americans feel.  If you want to know how most Americans feel, come to my office and hear the conversation; go down to the bars on the beach and hear the conversation.  When I was at the bank today, the tellers and the people were all conversing about it.  Sorry, Peter, but they were all saying things that would greatly distress you and some others on this List and there was no disagreement.  I won't repeat the particulars; let's just say that people here dislike Arabs greatly and they are beginning to feel the same way about Europeans.