Too bad you caught it so fast, I was licking my lips over that one.<g>

No Russians at Normandy (at least, no Soviets), that's true.  But there weren't nearly as many Germans, or German war material, as there would have been without a little distraction called the Eastern Front.  If you looked into it, I think you'd agree that the defeat of Nazi Germany had a lot more to do with events in the east than with battles in N. Africa, Italy or France.  Not that each of these wasn't horrific and important -- and, the USSR probably would not have made it without US material support -- but still, it is not we alone who defeated Nazi Germany, and if we tell the rest of the world it owes us a debt because we alone did so, the rest of the world will think we are either ignorant or lying.  And will be right.

Tom K