from Reuters

The Howard Roark Prize for Achievement in Architecture
by Vivian Chu
GENEVA (Reuters)

       Swiss architect Gunnar Jauch was awarded the Howard Roark Prize for
Achievement in Architecture Tuesday Morning in a Ceremony held in Geneva.
Mr. Jauch was given the award for his massive design of the Halliburton Oil
Trade Complex and Rare Arabic Palace to be installed in New Babylon as soon
as the Iraqi regime falls.
       The Complex is intended by Mr. Jauch to rival the fabled Hanging
Gardens of Babylon.  On accepting his award, Gunnar remarked "I hope my work
can forever show the glory of a truly Global Economy, pushed on by the Benign
Force of American Capitalism.
       Also on hand was Vice-President Dick Cheney, who was given the honor
of lauding Mr. Jauch's wonderful building.  In regards to the absence of
President Bush, Mr. Cheney said curtly "the President can't be bothered with
awards and finery now, as he has to run the war.  It was also thought
appropriate that I, as a former representative of Halliburton, award this
prize to my pal Gunnar."
       The Halliburton Oil Trade Complex and Rare Arabic Palace is based
loosely on the ideas of Van Der Rohe intermingled with the work of
Christopher Wren.  "It's all a great conflux of straight lines, steel, and
gargoyles" says Mr. Jauch.  He chose this particular style, which he calls
"Derwin" to celebrate the unique and folksy speech patterns of President
Bush.  "I'm only sad that he couldn't be here today" said Vice-President
Cheney, "I know how much he likes to play Godzilla with the little
architectural mock-ups."
The Roark Prize is part of an international group of awards presented by the
Member Nations of the G8, known as the Ayn Rand Awards for the Promotion of
Capitalism.  Other well-known Recipients included Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon for the Valiant Promotion of Underpriced Labor Medal; Rupert
Murdoch for the Hearst Veracity in Publishing Award; and William F. Buckley
for the Ayn Rand Special Award for Impeccable Grammar.
A special airing of the Ayn Rand Awards can be seen on the Fox News Channel
at 12:30 a.m. EST Wednesday, April 2.