In a message dated 3/21/03 5:19:39 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Hitler was slaughtering Jews and rounding them up all over
> Europe. There were no weapons inspectors in Germany, and Hitler was
> not destroying his missiles (or the equivalent).  And Japan attacked us
> before we entered the war.  To our shame, we turned away boats of Jews
> seeking refuge.

I believe that sweet Saddam has more than once stated his hatred of jews in
general and Israel in particular and has threatened Israel with attack by
chemical weapons.  There was, unfortuntely, a couple of incidents during or
before World War II where we turned away Jewish refugees.  However, I feel
that America has more than made up for this "shame."  It was our government
who pressured the Soviet government to let their Jewish citizens go and we
then accepted all Russian Jews who wanted to come here.  We have supported
and befriended the country of Israel to the point where the country of Israel
is a major power in the world.  Finally, the largest population of persons of
Jewish descent do not live in Israel.  They live in America.  In view of all
of this, I don't believe there are many persons who would fault America's
treatment of persons of Jewish descent, at least not in the way which you
mean.