Vishvesh Obla wrote:

> I quoted Eliot's 'Ash Wednesday' elsewhere since it
> was Ash Wednesday last week and a friend of mine, who
> is a very spiritual person and well knowledged in
> Indian spirituality, was struck by Eliot's emphasis on
> the 'Word' from the stanza quoted later.

This discussion of The Word might be helpful.  It brings in Eliot's
Ash Wednesday too.
    http://www.christianleadershipcenter.org/ncreed4.htm

Here is something that I just threw together.  It is another side-by-side
page (actually stacked) that has sections of Ash Wednesday, Rig Veda and
John.  I suppose I could have put these short items on a single page though.
I may have misnumbered Eliot's lines (my Collected Poems is underneath one
of too many piles.)
    http://world.std.com/~raparker/temp/ash_rig_john.html

Regards,
    Rick Parker