More Ann  Coulter Big Lie horsecrap. That's not even close to the wording of
a number of the resolutions. And I won't be advised of anything from a moron
who just a while back didn't know the difference between the words Afghan
and Afghanistan. And what about all those war-dogs over there in Key West?
How come they weren't out there shutting down government  process the way
it's usually done in FLAW. As far as Gainsville goes see below:

The Commission passed a proclamation acknowledging the views of anti-war
groups without taking a stance for or against war as a city. Commissioner
Tony Domenech, who voted against the proclamation, says, "I don't know what
path it will head us down, but certainly it doesn't seem like a problem for
me, but I'm not about to vote for something that i'm not sure of." Any
organizations who want to submit their views on the war into public record
can do so by way of the proclamation.

Proclamation Submitted by Commissioner Warren Neilsen:

The Gainesville City Commission

1. Recognizes The Gainesville Peace Coalition and their right to petition
the Commission as the citizens' proximate level of represenative Democracy,
and

2. Acknowledges the Peace Coalition's resolution and hereby places said
resolution into the public record as a formal recapitulation on the Peace
Coalition's policy positions in opposition to our Nation initiating was
against Iraq on the basis of evidence of threat so far alleged but to their
satisfaction not yet proven, and

3. Acknowledges that the views of the Peace Coalition are not necessarily
shared by all citizens of Gainesville, and

4. Acknowledges that the views of the Peace Coalition are not necessarily
the views of all members of the Commission.