Anyone who thinks it takes nerve to believe we have no right to simply
make a colony of Iraq clearly is not open to reason.  This is too
astonishing to be answered.

Date sent:              Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:41:42 EST
From:                   Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT--GOOD TO KNOW/Disanalogous
To:                     [log in to unmask]

[log in to unmask] writes:

> I do not see any way the rest of this is relevant to invading Iraq.  No
> one has ever said Hussein is not a tyrant or murderer, but we are
> content to coexist with other tyrants and murderers.  It has not been US
> policy to invade every country where there is any tyranny and murder,
> nor would it be possible.

If the UN obtained some backbone, maybe it would be possible to bring at
least a minimal amount of civilized comfort, education and democracy to
all of the world.  What are they still doing in New York anyway?  And did
you hear the French today?  They will veto any motion that puts us and the
British in charge of post-war Iraq. What nerve.  We get rid of the tyrant
and his weapons with the blood of our young men and then they expect to
take over.  They must have an overabundance of wine since we're not buying
it anymore.  Don't they get it.  Their veto means nothing to us anymore.