I do not agree with your opinion of how to deal with bigotry.  You are quite
free to deal with anything in the way you chose.

Date sent:              Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:02:17 -0800
From:                   Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT--"What's American about America?"
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Rightly or wrongly such exploitation of hatred is
banned in Canada and would be severely punished.
I agree that genuine bigotry must be called out
for what it is.

I do not believe that what we have here is genuine bigotry.
It is so much rabble rousing, to get certain people upset
so they will respond in predictable ways. The way to deal
with such behaviour is to ignore it.

Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
Dept. of English
Camosun College