From: D.Gregory Griffith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 11:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OT (sort of): The meaning of words

Peter,
Many months ago now I e-mailed a story to a friend that appeared in the
London Times. It detailed the menu for the UN conference on world hunger;
the multi-course, gourmet meal included goose liver pate and caviar. I wish
I still had the story! I couldn't believe the screaming irony of it!
--Greg--

Peter Montgomery wrote:

Subject: Fw: Food shortage

Last month, a worldwide survey was conducted by the UN.  The only question asked was: "Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?"  Sadly, the survey was a huge failure.In Africa they didn't know what "food" meant.
In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" meant.
In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" meant.
In China they didn't know what "opinion" meant.
In the Middle East, they didn't know what "solutions"
meant.
In South America they didn't know what "please" meant.
And in the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the
world" meant.