From: Vishvesh Obla [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 4:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Soma !

On a lighter side, what do you mean by "Soma" addicts
? My guess is, that you assume it as the juices of
some kind of poppy that made the Vedic Brahmins
intoxicated, but in its reality it has mystic
connotations which could reverse the meaning of your
passage !  Eliot might have himself liked to drink the
juices of Soma. (He had a fascination for ancient
Indian thought, didnt he?)

vishvesh