List-members,

This was certainly a suitable way of dealing with this transgression. It
served three purposes:

1 Notify the list members that the particular message content was not
acceptable. This tends to be a grey area with members have a habit of
pushing the limits of and need to be occasionally reminded.

2 Remind users that such transgretions are being monitored by the list-
owner.

3. Gently remind the member concerned to be more careful how they post to the
list. Afterall, email is a tool : you wouldn't use a table saw with out
safety guards in place and expect to finish the cutting with all ten fingers
still attached! (Apologies for such an analogy)

For the most part the list is self-moderating and self-restraint of the
members is appreciated.

Regards

Chris Snook, co-list owner
Columbia, MO