        ok, so this is not nearly as exciting as a
Swallow Spectacle, but for those of you who were
concerned that Am. Crow numbers were down from
West Nile Virus... I think they will survive alright.
        For the past couple of weeks, I've
observed a "river" of crows flying to roost (similar
to that of Red-Winged Blackbirds stretching across
the horizon).  Each evening around 6pm, thousands
of crows stream across the sky near I-35 and the
Cambridge Circle just outside of downtown KC.
The birds are heading West to East and I assume
are a part of the infamous flock which roosts near
Brush Creek and the Plaza.
        Anyway, I stopped for 15 minutes and
counted over 6,200 Am. Crows flying over and they
were still going strong.

Good birding,
Matt Gearheart
Overland Park, KS