From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Anne Downing
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 5:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RFI Snowy Owls

We watched the snowy owl from 5:30PM until dark (about 6:15)  It was in a
field quite far from the road but identifiable--a little before 6PM it
started stretching and scratching (I swear) and then took off aloft  making
its way towards the poles on the highway.  Glided to the ground several
times where it was difficult to watch in the snow but eventually got to the
road.  Still close to the red brick house north of the junction of Highway
15 and 11, on the east side of highway 15.   If you are in Charitan county
just come on Highway 36 to Highway 63 at Macon turn north to Kirksville ,
turn east on Highway 11 and proceed to the junction of Mo. 11 and 15.  Since
itis alife bird for you it is certainly worth taking the chance.  If I can
be of further help--call  660-397-3260.
Anne Downing
Edina MO Knox County