MoBirders,
Hoping to see a morning Short Eared Owl at Clarence
Cannon NWR........My report begins from there...One
large owl flew across near the barn on gravel road
leading to refuge at 6:20AM.....took off from the
grassy area and flew across the field...to dark to
ID....... However, this is apparently where someone at
the headquarters had been seeing SEOwls.

On way back, I observed 1 ROUGH LEGGED HAWK hovering
next to Hwy 79....~ 1 mile North of I-70.  Bird was
seen on east side of Hwy 79, where hwy 79 turns from
4 lanes to 2 lanes.

Yes......Trumpeter Swans were seen this morning at
Heron Pond and in Ellis Bay....can not say I saw
Tundras......Waterfowl numbers were the highest I have
seen yet this year.  The only new birds to report is
29 GREATER WHITE FRONTED GEESE.....these were seen in
Heron Pond (and also Dragonfly Marsh).  My time at
REDA was short, I am sure someone will have more to
add.

Josh Uffman
St. Louis Co.

http://shopping.yahoo.com