Braved semi-nasty roads and snow flurries to go to S-O for a short visit
this afternoon.  We were rewarded with nine Hooded Mergansers, 12 Common
Golden-Eyes, 3 Bald Eagles, assorted sparrows, including Savannah, Tree and
Swamp plus LOTS of Mallards.  The male Golden-Eyes were doing their
courtship displays.

We didn't see any activity around the Eagle's nest but that doesn't mean
they weren't hunkered down where we couldn't see them.

Dorothy Lambert, Nevada