During the past year there were two thorough and enjoyable articles in The
Bluebird about the possible identity of William Clarks's nightingale.  I
see that the issue depicted on the ASM website (June, 2002):

http://www.mobirds.org/audubon/asmhtmls/bluebird2.html

contains 1 of the 2 (the second one, as I recollect).  I won't give away
the ending, but a host of species are considered, and each of the articles
comes up with a favorite candidate.  These articles are essential reading
for serious Missouri birders.  Join ASM; get The Bluebird.

With the editors' and authors' permissions, perhaps we can get the texts
posted here on mobirds.

Randy Korotev
Saint Louis, MO