I'm reading the Lewis & Clark journals and have a question.  On June 4th,
1804, Clark describes a "nightingale" singing all night in an area around
Moreau Creek, an area that is now just a few miles west of Jefferson City.

I know we have no nightingales.  I have heard them many times in England and
have no idea what bird he is talking about.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Dorothy Lambert