For the past two days I have been entertained by a flock of about 50 Cedar
Waxwings in the maple tree outside my office.  I have never been able to
watch them as closely as this.  They are eating the sap where the
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker has drilled it.  They even hover briefly to eat the
sap where there isn't a perch.  The Sapsucker joined the foray for a while
and would come within 6 or so inches of the Waxwings.  It was amazing!  They
don't seem to be very afraid of people because we come and go and they just
watch us.  We go out on the porch to watch them and they just stay there,
not flying away or giving an alarm call.

Dorothy Lambert