        This afternoon I found a group of 6 MUTE SWANS at the sewage lagoons in
Elsberry.  I looked and could see no sign of any wing, neck, or leg tags
on any of the birds or any sign of domestication at all.  This is the
first time I have seen them anywhere around wild or domesticated.  To
get to the ponds from the South take Hwy. 79 towards Elsberry, just past
Hwy. JJ you cross a bridge and immediately past the bridge is a road on
the right and the ponds are there on the right; from the North take Hwy.
79 through Elsberry and right at the end of town just before you cross
the bridge in the road on the left.

At Winfield today were the 12 or so Least Sandpipers and about 40
eagles.
I did not see any Short-eared owls at Clarence Cannon again but the
staff there said that they are seeing them there occasionally now.

Scott Schuette
Troy, Lincoln Co., MO