Please register for the Waterfowl ID Workshop soon if you plan to attend! I
will need to know the numbers attending by two weeks from tomorrow in order
to prepare handouts, etc. (Friday, Feb. 15). Please also remember to
indicate whether you would be willing to lead a field trip or not. If you
need information, let me know and I will send it to you, or email me for
more details.

The birds covered in this workshop will include loons, grebes, cormorants,
ducks, geese, and swans.

After seeing Doug Willis' posting on Otter Slough, it looks like we picked
the right location! If you've never been there, Otter Slough has become the
premier site for shorebirding in the Bootheel, and probably has better
viewing conditions for waterfowl than Mingo. (I'm also looking forward to
the bar-b-que!)

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau