I saw a juvenile Golden Eagle this afternoon SW of
CHillicothe near rhe Grand River.
Yesterday I saw several Bald Eagles along the river SE
of town.  At one  place
there were 3 adults + 3 immatures sitting in trees
near a newer nest.  Eagles
have nested on this part of the Grand River for a
number of years.  Near this
area I was surprised to find a Field Sparrow!   There
were 3 Great Blue Herons on
the river near the Hwy 65 bridge.

When I got home this P.M. I had a phone message from
Heather,the biologist
at Swan Lake NWR.  John Guthrie, the manager, had just
seen an adult Golden
Eagle near the refuge.  May have to check it out
tomorrow.

Later,
Steve
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.