You copied that straight out of your little online ency-crow-peeja. Didn't you Brennen. Or should I say Wei. Or how about just plain Troll.

GAVIN

on 2/12/03 5:42 PM, Kate Troy at [log in to unmask] wrote:

In a message dated 2/13/03 1:12:47 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

On the other hand, if we were dealing with an alleged fascist with democrat tendencies,
we'd proabbaly be in St. E's with uncle Ezra, remembering exactly what inspirations
he used for TWL.

It's interesting how many fellow "famous" poets/writers of that era contacted politicians and tried to use their influence to get Pound released from the mental hospital.  MacLeish, for example, made significant efforts although he entirely disagreed with Pound's views and, in fact, thought him insane.  MacLeish greatly admired Roosevelt, also, and Pound was continually calling Roosevelt a criminal.  Yet, I suppose MacLeish felt for a fellow poet, the horror of  being locked in such a place; also, Eliot has personally requested MacLeigh to intercede if possible.