To all:

This morning when I opened my mail box there were over 30 posts from the TSE
list. I didn't have the time to read them, since I had to rush to the
office.

One has caught my attention though. It was Michael's, about the reasons why
there shouldn't be a war.

Now we all know that the war seems to be inevitable, due to the excessive
power of an American administration gone haywire.

Let me remind you of an exchange I had with RaphaŽl Ingelbien a short while
ago:

> > RaphaŽl:
> > This is not a call to keep on fiddling while Rome burns.

>   Gunnar:
>   But it IS, dear Raphael!

> > RaphaŽl:
> > It isn't. If this is the only forum where we can vent our opinions on the
> > Middle East, there's something wrong with our choices of forums in the first
> > place.

> > When the Second World War was becoming inevitable, Eliot didn't turn the
> > Criterion into a propaganda organ. He discontinued it.

And that is exactly what I will do.

This shall be my last post until this madness has come to an end, one way or
another.

I herewith urge you all, wherever you live, whatever you do, to speak out
for peace.

God bless you.

Salaam:

Gunnar