In a message dated 2/20/2003 5:32:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> In my day at UCL (University College London,
> for those who are not quite familiar) and,
> before that at the Department of English
> of the University of Warsaw, we had an
> expression "prissy pussy"--and that was
> even before we,  the Slavs, managed
> to learn English more or less properly--
>
> Jacek Niecko

The problem with witless posts like this is always the same: speak out against them and start a tedious argument of insidious intent, or ignore them and create the impression that they are acceptable.

I guess I’ll go for the lesser of two evils and say, Jacek, that you may have mastered English insults, but if you think that you’ve learned to converse properly, think again.

-- Steve --