My answer is partly yes and partly no.  I do not think Eliot was trying to
compare or invite anything.  I think he was putting on paper his own
experience of war nerves.  He said that marriage to Vivienne brought her
no happiness and him the state of mind that produced TWL.  (see
facsimile ed.), but the war and Vivienne came together for him.  His early
married years were just one long hysteria:  they were both always ill,
distressed about money and frantically moving about.  They were also
always aware of war problems--on which he blamed some of his money
trouble--, Maurice at the front, acquaintances dying, Verdenal dead at
Gallipoli, anxiety and refugees and high prices and inability to go to the
US to see his parents.  The letters are constantly about these miseries.
So I think his life was what he found words for.  I think the Cleopatra
woman is Vivienne (she apparently assumed so) and she was always
having nerves, and it was constantly affected by the war.  It is also true
that the "nerves" of soldiers were then defined as hysteria by most doctors
and treated as such.

I am writing about this, but there are articles that address the war already.
See the opening chapter of Marjorie Perloff's _21st Century Modernism_
and Jewel Brooker's article on Sweeney poems in Modernism/Modernity.
Nancy