In a message dated 2/21/2003 9:26:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<Israel will respond if Iraq attacks Israel and Iraq then will be gone in the blink of an eye, even before Saddam has the chance to destroy his own capital.  Israel will respond and we will respond.  But, still, this is a dark scenario, as well, as we are talking about the use of  nuclear weapons.>>

I'm pleasantly surprised, Kate, to hear that you consider this a "dark scenario."  From what you'd written in the past, I half-expected that this was the result you were hoping for, rather than a regrettable (but evidently acceptable) possibility.

Tom K