In a message dated 2/21/2003 12:05:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Now, if I were an evil Dictator hell-bent on acquiring and keeping power, I
> would wait for the Americans to foolishly land on my shores.  There is only
> one decent entry point for a mass landing at Iraq, especially if Kuwait and
> SA won't help, and that is the mouth of the Tigris and Euphrates.  So, we
> land say, 50,000 troops for the march to Baghdad.  As soon as the USofA
> landed, I'd pop enough Chemical and Biological agents on them to bring the
> death-toll up to Vietnam in a day.  After waiting a day or so for this to
> sink in, I'd nuke Tel Aviv -- now it's just a free-for-all with what, 2
> million dead in 2 days?  Then I'd wait, out of town.  Like Pakistan out of
> town.  But of course, I wouldn't tell anyone I was gone and one of my body
> doubles would be waiting like a madman in Baghdad.  He'd call a meeting
> with the top generals and as soon as they showed up (with maybe some of the
> cabinet, too?) I'd nuke Baghdad.  A big Up Yours America -- I'd lose the
> battle but might just start the War.
>
> That's not even the worse case scenerio -- Israel didn't nuke back and
> North Korea didn't rise to the occasion.

You paint a dark picture, but don't worry, although Israel has shown great
restraint in not responding to Iraq paying the suicide bombers, Israel will
respond if Iraq attacks Israel and Iraq then will be gone in the blink of an
eye, even before Saddam has the chance to destroy his own capital.  Israel
will respond and we will respond.  But, still, this is a dark scenario, as
well, as we are talking about the use of nuclear weapons.