>>Both films, however, are not art, but propaganda,
>>since both of them only _sell_ _half of the truth_. That's what all
>>the fuzz about 'objective correlative' about.
>>
MK> Dear Nikolay,
MK>     I wonder if you could clarify the relation between your sentences.
MK>  Are you saying the objective correlative doesn't "_sell_ _half of the
MK> truth_" or does?
'Objective correlative' makes a point of not "selling half of the
truth", though of course after all it does -- as long as we are ready
to "buy". Every object can be percieved from the side of matter and
spirit, objectivity and subjectivity. Propaganda is that kind of
a message that tries to produce _Effects_ from supressing either
body or spirit, whereas _Information_ is neither first nor the
second, but the interestion of both. Predominance of spirit means
apocalyptic vision of senility, predominance of matter -- the infinite
hell of childhood.