Dear Nancy,

I certainly hope so... My contract says it is distributed by Transaction Publishers (and it should be available from Amazon), but then I know of differing views about the quality of my publishers' distribution network, to put it mildly. If you have any problems acquiring it, please let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Andre

"T. S. Eliot Discussion forum." <[log in to unmask]> schrieb am 18.02.03 22:48:35:

> Dear Andre Schueller,
>
> Is this distributed in the US?
> Nancy
>

> Date sent:              Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:34:47 +0100
> Send reply to:          "T. S. Eliot Discussion forum." <[log in to unmask]>
> From:                   Andre Schueller <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:                for your information
> To:                     [log in to unmask]
>
> Andre Schueller
> A Life Composed : T.S. Eliot and the Morals of Modernism
> Muenster : LIT / US: Transaction Publishers
> Bd. 17, 2002, 368 S., 24.90 EUR, br., ISBN 3-8258-6362-x
>

> "The modern literary critic", T. S. Eliot wrote in 1929, "must be an
> `experimenter' outside of what you might at first consider his own
> province; [punkte] there is no literary problem which does not lead us
> irresistibly to larger problems." The present study follows Eliot's
> principle and situates his literary and critical work in a wide context
> that reveals manifold links between aesthetics, ethics, politics and
> epistemology: the historical context of early-twentieth-century idealism,
> vitalism and pragmatism, especially the intensely political Bergsonian
> controversy, and the modern context of the philosophies of Charles Taylor,
> Michel Foucault and Richard Rorty. `Knowledge', it argues, was verbalised
> in the modernist age, individualised into the act of `knowing', an act
> with motives and goals, and thus introduced into the realm of ethics - a
> process central to twentieth-century thought. Eliot's poems especially,
> constructed as "a life composed", a literary lifetime linking c!
>  omposition and composure, ponder the virtue of precision, the sins of
>  pride and "mental sloth", the temptation of prejudice and the need for
>  conviction. Decidedly tentative, Eliot's poems solve the problem of
>  morally significant literature. In a century of suspicion, they ask the
>  crucial question of where one should start to rely.

> ____ Schon wieder Viren-Alarm? Bei WEB.DE FreeMail ist das kein
> Problem,
> hier ist der Virencheck inklusive!
> http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021158

Ihre Freunde sind in Italien? Schicken Sie ihnen trotzdem eine SMS
mit WEB.DE FreeMail http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021172